Friday, December 4, 2020

First Day Of The Ten Days Of Christmas!!

 



   I can't believe it is already December! It seems like just a few days ago that it was November. Anyway, lets get down to the exciting stuff. Ten Days of Christmas is already upon us (or rather me).                                                                                                                  
   Day one: Carols                                                                                                                                             Alrighty, I am going to name five carols. My first one is O Little Town Of Bethlehem.                              
O little town of Bethlehem
How still we see thee lie
Above thy deep and dreamless sleep
The silent stars go by
Yet in thy dark streets shineth
The everlasting Light
The hopes and fears of all the years
Are met in thee tonight
For Christ is born of Mary
And gathered all above
While mortals sleep, the angels keep
Their watch of wondering love
O morning stars together
Proclaim the holy birth
And praises sing to God the King
And Peace to men on earth

   I don't know why I like this one so much. It is one of my favorites. I guess I like it best because it is such a great song, plus it tells of the Savior, so maybe it's that...I don't know.

   The next one I am going to do is Angels We Have Heard On High.

Angels we have heard on high
Sweetly singing o'er the plains
And the mountains in reply
Echoing their joyous strains
Gloria, in excelsis Deo

   Why I like this one so much is because it is sooooo beautiful! I love it a LOT! this is definitely one of the more common songs, but t is still beautiful... 

   The third one is...The First Noel.


Noel, Noel
Noel, Noel
The First Noel, the Angels did say
Was to certain poor shepherds in fields as they lay
In fields where they lay keeping their sheep
On a cold winter's night that was so deep
Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel
Born is the King of Israel!
Noel, Noel
Noel, Noel

   This is also a beautiful song. I LOVE this one too, for many reasons. One...it makes me feel happy. Two, it talks of the birth of Jesus.

   The fourth one is...God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.

God rest ye merry gentlemen
Let nothing you dismay
Remember Christ our Savior
Was born on Christmas Day
To save us all from Satan's pow'r
When we were gone astray
Oh tidings of comfort and joy
Comfort and joy
                                                                Oh tidings of comfort and joy 

This one is... also VERY nice. I would sing this one a lot when I was younger, trying to make it sound like a new song. Like adding new notes that where never there. kind of like harmonizing, but not as good...

   The fifth one is...O Holy Night.

O holy night, the stars are brightly shining
It is the night of our dear Savior's birth
Long lay the world, in sin and error pining
'Til He appeared and the soul felt its worth
A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks, a new and glorious morn
Fall on your knees
O hear the angels' voices
O night divine
O night when Christ was born
O night divine
O night
O night divine

   THIS one is sooooooooo one of my favorites. This one has beautiful sound to it, and it also has GREAT lyrics. 

   All these songs I have caroled with. When we where at our old church, a HUGE group of people would gather and we would all get song sheets. We would go around the neighborhood, going a few miles from the church, and singing to almost all the houses. Sometimes people would answer, sometimes not. It would grow dark and cold, making us all start to shiver. But we would keep going till sometime before or after dinner time. i can't remember. One time, I remember me and one of my siblings where behind the group, and I thought we were lost (I was like 6 or 7.) I was sooo afraid that we would be lost forever. 

   Oh, and at the end of singing for each house we would sing a little thingy. it's called We Wish You a Merry Christmas. Here is the lyrics:

We wish you a merry Christmas
We wish you a merry Christmas
We wish you a merry Christmas
And a happy new year

Good tiding we bring to you and you kin
Good tiding of Christmas and a happy new year!

Merry Christmas!!


So, I need to go, but I just have this last thing to say. If you go to Beyond the Literary HorizonLittle Blossoms for Jesus, and Rebekah's Reading Room you can see their favorite carols. They are also doing Ten Days of Christmas, so make sure you check them out! I'll see you again in about...two days? BYE!















8 comments:

  1. You named practically all my favourite carols!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those songs too, Heidi! We go caroling with some people from church to all the widows at church. They love it and look forward to it each year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all those carols, Heidi. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen has got to be one of my top favorites to do when I've gone caroling! You chose lots of good carols.

    By the way, I nominated you for the Avid Reader's Tag here:
    https://farmgirl4jesus.wordpress.com/2020/12/04/the-avid-readers-award-tag/

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite thing to eat at Christmas is...coffee cake! We always make it Christmas morning but pretty much never any other time. So it's a really special memory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, thanks all! Katja, when I saw yours, I was thinking COOL! And Faith, uh, don't know how to do a tag, but I am definitely going to do that. Thanks SOOO much. Rebekah that is soo cool! Like I said, thanks all!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love O Holy Night!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, thanks Autumn! I'm super glad you like it!!

    ReplyDelete