Friday, December 18, 2020

#8 Ten Days of Christmas


   Hello again!! It seems so weird that Christmas is next week!!!! I can't believe it!! Anyway, I'm guessing you are wanting to know what is next for the Ten Days of Christmas post. Well, I can tell you!! Here, I'll give it to you! Don't worry. :) I hope you are excited...


   Activities. Well, this is going to be VERY fun!! There is tons of activities that we do every year, so I am going to try to remember them all...but I probably won't remember...😂 Okay...five activities that I do. Well, here goes...


1. Christmas Cards:



   This is one activity we try to do every year, but sometimes we don't get around to it. I like to see all the cards that come in the mail, sometimes with a pic of the family...it always makes me feel so happy to see friends cards from a different state. *Sigh* I miss those people so much...


2. Decorating the Christmas Tree: 




   Some of these pics you may have seen when looking at this post. Well, anyway, like I said, every year it's one of our biggest activities to do. I can't say much more about this, other than, if you go to the post, then you can see it explained there...


3. Cookies:



   I am kind of the baker\cooker in the family. I LOVE cooking\baking. Every year I get out my recipes and cookie sheets and start to make up a batch. One year I made Christmas cookies so much, that I now don't like them so much...😆 I still make them though for everyone else. There are a few other types of deserts I make, like fattiman, snowballs (Russian tea cakes), and krumkake (crumb caka).


4. Making Ornaments:


   (I didn't make this one, but I got it from the internet. I can probably make one like this though.) I like to make homemade presents, such as ornaments. I usually get one per year from a grandma and grandpa, but I like to make mine or make one for other people.


5. Christmas Lights:

   One of the other ones we do is put up Christmas lights. I love to take a drive with my family and look at lights. We always find at least one time to be able to do that. they make you feel cheerful and fun. I like to decorate even the inside of the house!! I usually would just help my sister though...

   I need to leave, but...I will see you on Sunday, then one the 22nd for the giveaway!! That will be extremely interesting... Okay, I need to close this post. But if you want to see the other peoples activities that are participating in the Ten Days of Christmas blog post, then go to Beyond the Literary HorizonLittle Blossoms for Jesus, and Rebekah's Reading Room to see theirs!! Well, got to go, bye!!!













6 comments:

  1. These are all fun ideas! I haven't made homemade Christmas cards in a while, but I have been writing a short Christmas story to tuck in to each card we send out. We started doing that four years ago when no one wanted to write a Christmas letter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That is a cool idea...I really like that.

      Delete