Monday, December 14, 2020

#6 Ten Days of Christmas

 


   Okay, I am back! And right on time to!! Correct day!! Whew, I keep missing the days and I don't like doing that. Okay, so the next day of the Ten Days of Christmas!! I can't believe we are already on the 6th day!! Oh boy!! That means Christmas is almost here!! I don't know about you, but I think I am looking forward to Christmas more this year. It seems like everyone needs it. Everyone needs to know about the birth of Jesus. And what a better time when everyone is sad, confused, angry, and lonely feeling?

   Okay, lets get down to business. Today is... 



   Traditions. This is going to be fun!! Okay, to start this off I am going to tell you about how we get our Christmas tree first. 

   So, right after Thanksgiving, me and my family find a Christmas tree farm to go to. We all bundle up to stay warm and we all pile out of our van after we arrive. We walk around, talking and pointing out trees. 



   Some people get cold, but I usually get to warm!! *laugh* Now that my good friends is weird. Anyway, we chop it down and one of the older people with almost all the littler kids pick it up and carry it back to the . . . what do you call it? You can't call it front desk or cash register because it is outside. Ummm . . . let's just call it . . . place where you buy trees?? Anyway, we go to the place where we buy trees and buy it. We then let them have it to put it thought this thingy to hold all the branches together so they won't flop around when we are bringing it home. Then we put it in our trailer. That's one of our traditions. We do it EVERY year.  

   The second one we do is decorate it. Everyone is there that still lives on the property. So we have our mom hand out all the ornaments and it's really fun because we all listen to music and talk. Then sometimes we watch a movie after if we got back home early enough for it. Here is some of the pictures I took of some of the ornaments . . . 







   After that, a few days after we set it up, our mom buys candy canes from the store to put on the tree. Then it's finished. Sometimes she has to buy more if we eat it before Christmas. *Sheepish grin* I really like to eat them. Then we go back to the normal routine. Until Christmas that is . . .                                 

Then right before Christmas every year we wrap presents and finish Christmas shopping. Then on Christmas day, after everyone woke up we would start cooking Christmas breakfast and then we would read the story of how Jesus was born. I love this part because we all sit in the living room, and it is such a homey place at that time of year. Anyway, after we read it and eat we start to unwrap presents. It takes us almost all day!! then at the end we watch a Christmas movie and spend time together. I remember when I was younger, I would get up and wait for half an hour before I got inpatient and start to walk around the house stomping my feet a little and singing at the top of my lungs with my other sibling Jingle Bells. It was like the only song I knew how to sing slightly correctly. it may not sound bad to do that, but . . . ummm . . . my mom would stay up till past midnight wrapping presents, so she needed her sleep.                                                                                                                                                            


   I hope you liked reading about my traditions. I need to go, but if you want, you can go to Beyond the Literary Horizon, Little Blossoms for Jesus, and Rebekah's Reading Room to see there traditions! 
I loved making this post for you guys, but unfortunately I need to go. BYE!!!!                                                                  

4 comments:

  1. When I was young we used to go to a Christmas Tree farm each year and cut down a tree. It was always HUGE! And we never had them bag it because my dad had his truck. But getting it inside the front door? Yeah, that was interesting. :D
    I love candy canes too!
    I enjoyed reading about your traditions. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's so cool. And, I love sharing stuff like this. :)

      Delete