Monday, November 2, 2020

My First Post!!/ #1 Monday Snippets

   Hi! I'm Heidi, and this is my first ever blog post! I'm very excited, and I'm glad you could join me.
I'm new at this, so I am still getting the hang of things. I thought that since I am new at this, I might as well just do what I think is the right way to blog. 

   So, I am going to make this announcement: Every Monday (till I can't put up anymore snippets) I am going to put up a snippet of my story that I hope to get published. It's called Western Hope. Anyway, in general, I am just doing that so far....well, here you go. :)

Western Hope  
...........................


   Elizabeth “Betty” McLoren slipped on her cloak and glanced around the small cabin. The cabin was a two roomed one with a bed, chest, table, window, and rugs in the other room. The front room had a stove, wood box, table, chairs, and a box on the side of the wall under a window. There was a ladder leaning up against the wall by the stove, and the top of it disappeared into a hole in the ceiling.  Betty glanced around one more time. 


   She turned and opened the door, stepped outside in the hot, humid, yard and closed the door with a firm tug. The log cabin was placed in a little grove of trees, and the trees slowly disappeared into fields. She pulled her hood up. She felt the sweat to start trickling down her neck, and she pushed aside the desire to reach up and push the hood down.  


   I can’t take down my hood….I can’t. She kept her face down and placed a grim expression on her face. I can’t take my hood down, no matter what the cost. I can’t forget what I did….

She started along the road and kept thinking. Two years…..I was 15….so long ago. I can’t believe they have been gone that long. 


    Betty’s face relaxed, and she clasped her hands under her cloak. I miss them, especially Mama’s calm reassurance…..and Papa’s calm guidance. A relaxed smile split her face as she remembered the verse he always quoted. Even though I walk through the valley and shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me…But God has not answered. He doesn't care.


   She brought her face down again. She blinked rapidly. Don’t cry! Betty pushed her thought into a deep corner of her mind, then her face grew hard again. Then she came…..ruined it all. Why, Lord? Why right after they died? Why?! Why do I have to keep it secret all the time? Why? 


   She stopped her thoughts and stiffened. Betty clenched her fist’s together and glared at the ground. She would have chosen to stay out of town, but she had to go. Even if she didn’t want to. She brought her face up just enough so that she would not bump into anyone. 


Well, I hope you liked the snippet. I am going to finish this post now, so bye till I post again!!




 

10 comments: