Monday, November 16, 2020

#3 Monday Snippets

 Hello! Well, we are back again. Now, I was wondering, would you guys like to see a snippet??

I'm glad you do (That is if you do ;) Anyway, as I was saying, you are probably just wanting to get my snippet. Well, here goes.

Song In My Heart

   Maybe my hearing wasn’t completely gone. I put my other hand onto the piano and started to hit my fingers against it randomly. I stopped a few minutes later, annoyed. Why had I said that I could make my own piece, when I could barely hear it?


   I stood up angrily and stormed out of the room. I just wouldn’t make a song. I stormed down the hall, and paused at Grandma’s door. I peeked around the corner and saw Grandma and Grandpa side by side on the bed, sitting there, heads bowed. 


   I stared at them, trying to figure out what was going on. Just then, they both lifted their heads and I saw Grandpa sign to Grandma, “I hope Kelly is practicing. I hope God shows her what to make.”


   Then it hit me. They had been praying for me. I turned around slowly, then walked down the hall. As I entered the music room, I felt terrible. Grandma and Grandpa were praying for me. Grandma still trusted him, and she was deaf. I have heard her play, and she plays beautifully.


   My hands went numbly up to the keys of the piano, and I placed my fingers gently

on it. I ran my hands slowly up and down, thinking. How would I play anything? My

fingers automatically started to play Amazing Grace as I thought. 


   Before I knew it, my fingers had started to dance across the keys, and I let them

go. I barely heard the noise of the piano, but to me it sounds sweet. A few minutes later,

my hands stopped, and my world grew silent again. 


   My heart felt heavy, and I realized, I had just been waiting silently for myself to play,

not even knowing. I buried my face into my hands. I had given up on God, and

Grandma had not. I started to silently cry, tears streaming down my cheeks.


   Grandma had always said that I inspired her to read the Bible more, and to trust

God more. And now, because of my selfish thoughts, I had blocked out God. I now realize

that God was trying to help me, trying to show me something. I lifted my head and

closed my eyes. Lord, I prayed, please help me to make a piece. 


   I opened my eyes and stared at the piano. I sat like that for a while, not thinking.

Finally, I placed my hands on the keys and started to strike the chords. I paused and stood

up. I reached up to the top of the piano and grabbed a box.


   It was 8.5 inches by 11 inches. I set it on my lap and stared at it. Should I try to make

my own piece? I opened the box before I could change my mind, and I grabbed one of

the papers. I picked up the pencil that was inside, then placed the box back on the top.


   The blank page stared up at me. I picked up the pencil, then put it down. I placed the

paper to the side gently, then placed my hands on the piano. What to play. What notes

should I use? I glanced out the window, then back at the piano. I hit a few chords, then hit

them again. I picked up my paper and wrote down the notes, smiling. Maybe this would work.


   My hands danced across the board, and I wrote them down. Barely hearing them,

I was just hoping they sounded good. Finally, after a while, I had a song. Or I hoped it was

a song. I placed the strictly wrinkled paper in front of me, took a deep breath, and played the music.


Alrighty!! Now that you have read that, I need to pull this post to a close!! I will get back to you probably .

. . Wednesday?? I have a special post (If it works) Other wise I will see you soon. :)

Bye!!! (BTW, Blogger isn't working very well right know for me. It doesn't let me put up pic's. Does anyone know why?? I have to use a temporary signature.)


Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment