Monday, November 9, 2020

#2 Monday Snippet And A Recipe

    Hey howdy hey!!! I'm back, and I have two things to tell you. 1: I am changing my snippets to one called Song In My Heart. Why, you may ask. Because Western Hope is being edited. Anyway, the second one is I a going to give you guys a recipe!!

   Anyway, I am going to now give you the snippet.

Song In My Heart

   I sat down gently onto the piano seat and stared at the piano. What could I play?

It needed to be done for the convention, and I was kind of nervos. Grandma had wanted me to

play something, but how could I, being deaf? I sighed. I don’t know why I am even trying.

I would be the only deaf person to play, and I can’t even hear what I was playing.


   I felt anger and hurt well up inside me, and I tried to push it down. Why did I have to go deaf?

Let me

explain. Two months ago, I had started to lose my hearing. I finally lost it completely about three

weeks ago. Well, I think so. I am still angry, hurt, and sad. 


   But, I had signed up to this concert at a conference, (before I learned that I was losing my

hearing) and my grandma wanted me to still play. You see, my grandma is a pianist, or was.

She also is deaf. It runs in the family. 


   My grandma insisted that I still play. I said, no, I wouldn’t. I was deaf. Well, she said that that

was no excuse. Then she went and told me of when she went deaf. I had heard it many

times before. Anyway, as she told me, well, actually sign languaged to me, I was kind of annoyed.

“Kelly, when I was a little older than you, I got deaf to.”


   I sign languaged back, “So, what does that have to do with anything? I've heard this before.”


   “Kelly, the point is, is I still played piano after that. God gave you a gift, and you should use it.

You signed up to play at the conference, and I want you to either, make up your own piece,

or play one you already know. But, if I were you, I would try to make my own piece.”


   I shook my head and signed to her quickly. “Grandma, I can't. It's not possible.”


   I saw grandma's face as she sighed, and she signed back, “Please, Kelly, try for my sake.

Please. God had you sign up and get deaf for a reason. Please.”


   I stared at her, then signed back. “Grandma, I’m hurt. I don’t get why God made me deaf.

Why would he do something like that?”


   “He has a purpose for you Kelly. I don’t know what, but please, just try.”


   I glanced down at the floor, then back up. I signed. “Fine, I’ll try to make my own piece,

but  don’t know if it will be good.”


    And, that’s why I am sitting here now, staring at the piano. I had pushed it off till now,

but I can’t any longer. The concert is in a few days. I smacked my hand against the piano

keys, and I heard a faint pling. It was distant, barely noticeable, but I still heard it

in my silent world.


Now, the recipe that I am going to give you is one for Snickerdoodles. Here...

But after this, I need to end it. (BTW, I will do a special post soon.....:)


Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
  • 1 large egg, room temperature
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon


Bye!!!!!!






2 comments: