Thursday, November 5, 2020

#1 Favorite Authors . . . And Whoopie Pies

   So, this fall I started a writing camp, and It's called The Kings Daughter Writing Camp. 

   I had set my goal for it to complete my book (well, one of them:) and I completed my book!! I hope to publish it soon, but it still needs to be edited. Anyway, when I finished my goal I got this!!



   It looks cool, right?! Well, I have a second thing to tell you. I hope, every Thursday or Friday, I want to share with you my favorite authors. Also, in the chat, can people tell me what I should put up post's about? 

   Anyway, onto the fun!! 

   Okay, my first favorite author I am going to mention is Susan K. Marlow. She writes her books in a eye catching way. My favorite book that she has written is More Tales From Memory Creek Ranch.
I am going to put up the first and second book.



   And.....


   So, These two books are really good, but they are for ages 12 and up. They are full of adventure, and they are really good for if you want happiness or sadness. 

   My second one is Rebekah A. Morris.


   This book is sooooooooo good. It's a bout a 18 year old boy learning to grow in the Lord. It has other stuff like adventure, but, I think you should check it out if your interested. It encouraged me in many ways, and it is so well written. It is very good, and I'm pretty sure it can encourage other people, not just me.

   My third one is Wilson Rawls.


    This book is very adventurous and sad. This book is for 12-13 years of age. There are some words that could be crossed out, but otherwise it's good. It's intense.


   Now, after all that, I have one more thing to show you. As you can see by my blogs name, Culinary Scribbles, You probably know that culinary means cooking skills. Now, you may be wondering, "Isn't this blog about cooking AND writing?"

  Well, you are right. This blog is supposed to be cooking and writing. Well, since you where wondering, (IF you were) then you are correct. You know how I was saying that I had one last thing to tell you? Well, I am going to show you a desert I made. Here...


   The picture is a little blurry, but that dessert is called Whoopie pies. They are really good, plus they are easy to make. They are as big as Oreos, but taste different.

   Anyway, I need to eventually stop, so bye!!!!! 

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Heidi!!!

    I loooove 'By Paths Unknown.'

    Tags are always fun to see :)

    Also those Whoopie pies look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "Where the Red Fern Grows"! Maybe having a coonhound has made me even more fond of it...except it's soo sad!!!
    I also loved reading "By Paths Unknown." I want a second one!
    Those look really good. What are they made of? (Yunno...besides chocolate). :)
    -Faith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, where the Red Fern Grows is so sad, but it's good. And the Whoopie Pies are made out of....here let me send a list.

    Whoopie Pie Ingredients
    1 cup butter, softened
    1-1/2 cups sugar
    2 large eggs
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    4 cups all-purpose flour
    3/4 cup baking cocoa
    2 teaspoons baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup water
    1 cup buttermilk
    FILLING:
    2 cups confectioners' sugar
    2 cups marshmallow creme
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay! I guess the marshmallow creme makes sense. It's interesting that it has buttermilk (I tend to love things with buttermilk in them).

      Delete
    2. Yep! I usually do to. Makes sense.

      Delete