Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving!!

   Hey guys! Happy Thanksgiving!! Alrighty, I am doing only ONE post this week. You probably already know that from a post last week. Anyway, I am going to do only a thanksgiving post.



    I made this banner for a reason. Lets start off!!

   Happy thanksgiving folks!! How are you today? I hope you are great. Anyway, today, people think as Thanksgiving as a time to eat yummy food, and going to other peoples houses. In a way it is, I mean, yes it is eating good food and visiting . . . but it also has a purpose. The purpose for it is that we are thanking God for all our blessings, and for all that he has given us. The idea was started by the pilgrims when they got to the New World. They had a huge feast with the Indians because they where praising God for helping them through the first few years. George Washington was the first to call the U.S.A to do thanksgiving on November 26, 1789. That is when it basically started. 

   THAT is the true meaning for thanksgiving. Giving thanks to God. 

   Alright, I am going to ask some questions of you. How many things can you find to be thankful for? How many things can you count? If you do count them, the list will go on and on. we have a thousand reasons to be thankful for. I'm going to list off a few, and in the comments, if you want to, you can write in the comments what somethings you are grateful for.

Alrighty, I am grateful for...

-Family

-Friends

-My house

-My church

-The comforts of home, such as a couch a table, ect. ect.

-The country I live in

-Trees

-The Bible

-Jesus 

And that is just a few things folks. I have lots more. God has given us all these gifts, and we should be thankful for them all, even the stuff we don't like. Like COVID. It may be hard, but we should still give thanks. In the Bible it says this...

1 Thessalonians 5:18

!n everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

And...

1 Chronicles 16:34

Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.

   We should give thanks to him forever, even in trouble. I hope you guys like this post!! I am going to finish this off with these questions.

How many blessings can you count? 

How many are there? 

And last...

Happy Thanksgiving!!! See you next week!!!! BYE!!


2 comments:

  1. Yessss, girl!! I plan to write up a post of 100 blessings of 2020 before the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete